COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri volleyball enters its 49th season by traveling to South Dakota for the Coyote Invitational on Friday (August 26), Saturday (August 27) and Sunday (August 28) inside Sanford Coyote Sports Center.
The weekend includes Friday’s game against Northern. The Tigers and the No. 4 Cardinal will face off Saturday at 3 p.m. before closing the invite on Sunday against South Dakota.
SNAPSHOT OF THE SERIES
- Mizzou is 2-3 all-time against Louisville. The last time they met was last year, with the Cardinals winning the Tigers in straight sets.
- The Tigers face Northern Kentucky for only the second time in program history. The most recent meeting last year, the Tigers swept the Norwegians.
- Mizzou holds an all-time 4-0 record against South Dakota. Their most recent meeting was last season, where the Tigers defeated the Coyotes in four sets.
THE NOTABLE MIZZOU
- Fans will notice a different look for the Tigers as five new faces dot the roster in 2022. Mizzou’s new recruiting class has been ranked among the top 15 in the nation and includes nationally ranked freshmen.
- Senior outside hitter Anna Dixon returns to lead Mizzou after racking up an impressive 380 wins in 2021. Dixon was named to the preseason All-SEC awards list.
FOLLOW THE TIGERS