(PHOTO: Rye Town Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
That of the city council agenda for its meeting on Wednesday February 2, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. is outside. The meeting is on Zoom (not in person).
The Board will meet at 6:00 p.m. for an executive session (not open to the public) to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts. The meeting will also be broadcast on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We will also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
The official office hours of the mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Residents can send their comments regarding the public hearing by email to: [email protected] All comments must be received no later than 4:15 p.m. on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should refer to the topic of the audience. Please include your name and address.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING, PLEASE ATTEND THE ZOOM MEETING VIA THIS LINK. Password: 615650
Or Phone: USA: (646) 558-8656 or (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782 Press *9 to raise your hand and speak during the ID Public Hearing webinar: 927 9094 8157 Password: 508716
Let’s check the batting order and highlights of the 14 points on the agenda.
- Hole in one. Recognition of services rendered by Jim Buonaiuto to the town of Rye.
- Ida doesn’t want another. Post Ida Storm update.
- Red. Endorsing the application of Luke Henry Goldszer for the position of Volunteer Firefighter for the Town of Rye Fire Department.
- Reporting of overdevelopment. Proceed with the public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 197 “Zoning” of the City of Rye Code establishing new restrictions on lot widths and property configurations in the new subdivision.
- Reporting of overdevelopment. Pursue public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 166 “Steep Slope Protection” regulating development on steep slopes.
- Reporting of overdevelopment. Proceed with the public hearing to create new local law amending Chapter 53 “Architectural Review” of the Code for the Town of Rye to alter the authority and scope considered by the Architectural Review Board when considering applications.
- Open the microphone. Residents may be heard on matters submitted for consideration by Council that are not on the agenda.
- To improve. Transfer $180,000 from the general fund to the BV fund for City Hall technology upgrades and change the pre-authorization of an amount not to exceed $150,000 to $160,000 for room upgrades advice.
- Sounds like change. Adjourn until March 2, 2022 the public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 122, “Landscapers and Leaf Blowers Regulations”, requiring all landscapers to obtain an annual license in order to operate as landscaper and to restrict the use of leaf blowers.
- Patronage. Appointments to boards and commissions by the mayor with the approval of the council.
The next regular meeting of the municipal council will take place on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.