Home Meeting notice Punjab Lokpal holds meeting with Punjab Divisional Commissioners and other senior officials to prevent corruption

Punjab Lokpal holds meeting with Punjab Divisional Commissioners and other senior officials to prevent corruption


CHANDIGAR: Lokpal Punjab Judge Vinod Kumar Sharma on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting with Punjab Divisional Commissioners, Local Government Department and senior rural development officials and panchayat department officials to root out corrupt practices government offices.

During the meeting, he ordered to put up billboards within 15 days in all government offices to inform people about filing a complaint under the 1996 Lokpal Act.

Justice Sharma said these billboards/flexboards will be placed in all Divisional Commissioners, Deputy Commissioner’s Offices, Subdivision Offices, Tehsils, DDPO’s, BDPO’s, City Improvement Trusts, Municipal Corporations , city council offices and other public offices.

Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma said categorically that these billboards should be put up in places where people can read it properly and know how they can file a complaint against the representative, the president, the mayor, the mayor deputy, the municipal council / the president of the nagar panchayat, vice president and the officials and employees working in these institutions.

Justice Sharma said such notice boards should be installed in all state offices under the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat at prominent places within 15 days so that people can be informed of the filing of complaints under the Lokpal Act against the President, Vice President and Committee Members of the Zilla Parishad.

Similarly, persons may file complaints against the president of any public company, the chairman and members of the boards of directors constituted under national or central law and also against the representatives of other persons.

He said that due to lack of awareness many people do not know how to lodge a complaint against public officials and where should they lodge their complaint.

The Lokpal said that complete information regarding filing any corruption-related and other complaints can be obtained from the lokpal.punjab.gov.in website. Apart from this, the complaint can also be sent by personal or registered mail to Office No. 426/4, Civil Secretariat of Punjab-2 at Lokpal Punjab in Chandigarh.