(PHOTO: Rye Town Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
City Council agenda for its meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday November 17, 2021 is outside. The meeting is on Zoom (not in person).
The meeting will also be broadcast on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We will also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
The official office hours of the mayor and other officials have been suspended.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR HOCHUL’S BILL ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2021, THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE OPEN MEETINGS ACT HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD BY ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE WITHOUT A VENUE IN PERSON AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE AVAILABLE AT A LATER DATE.
RESIDENTS MAY EMAIL COMMENTS REGARDING THE PUBLIC HEARING TO: [email protected] ALL FEEDBACK MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4:15 PM ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING. THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL MUST BE REFERRED TO THE SUBJECT OF THE HEARING. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING, PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING VIA ZOOM VIA THIS LINK. Password: 301918
United States: (646) 558-8656 or (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782
Press * 9 to raise your hand to speak during the public hearing Webinar ID: 990 4102 3237
Let’s check out the batting order and the highlights of the 16 points on the agenda.
- Ida doesn’t want another. After the update of Storm Ida.
- No pepper. Presentation by Stanac concerning the replacement of the salt shed and referral to the Planning Commission.
- Opening the way. Update on capital expenditure plan and road resurfacing plan in the fall.
- Allow leaf blowers. Continue the public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 122, “Landscape Designers and Leaf Blowers Regulations” requiring all landscapers to obtain an annual permit to practice their activity as a landscaper and restrict the use of landscapers. leaf blowers.
- Open the microphone. Residents can be heard on matters referred to Council for consideration that are not on the agenda.
- Holiday gift. Resolution to lift parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown parking lots and Purchase Street for the period November 26-27, 2021 and December 20-24, 2021.
- 19th hole. Authorization for the General Manager to enter into an exclusive agreement with Lessing’s Inc. for catering services at Whitby Castle at the Rye Golf Club.
- Before three years. Review of two appointments to the Golf Clubs Commission by members for three-year terms.
- To book. Resolution designating the days and time of regular municipal council meetings for 2022 setting January 5, 2022 as the first regular meeting.
- Outgoing. To adjourn until December 1, 2021 the public hearing for the consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new standards of use and development for “living facilities for the elderly” in R-2 Quartier de Zonage.
- Tradition. Consideration of a request from Rye’s Little League to approve a parade to kick off the opening day of the Little Leagues season on Saturday, April 23, 2022 starting at 11 a.m.
- Patronage. Appointments to Councils and Commissions, by the Mayor with the approval of the Council.
The next regular meeting of the municipal council will take place on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.