Home Social gathering Miles Bridges’ wife posts photos of his apparent injuries on social media after Charlotte Hornets forward was arrested in Los Angeles

Miles Bridges’ wife posts photos of his apparent injuries on social media after Charlotte Hornets forward was arrested in Los Angeles

0
Johnson described the injuries she says she suffered to her nose, wrist, ear and neck ‘from being suffocated until I fell asleep and from a severe concussion’ in Friday’s Instagram post.

“I hate that it’s come to this, but I can’t shut up anymore. I allowed someone to destroy my home, abuse me in every way possible and traumatize our children for life,” he said. she wrote in the message accompanying the images. .

“I have nothing to prove to the world, but I will not allow anyone who might do something so horrible to have any remorse and paint a picture of something I am not. I will not allow people around him to keep shutting me up and keep lying to protect that person.”

One of the images uploaded to Instagram appears to be a discharge document from a hospital emergency department. He describes Johnson as an “adult victim of physical abuse by a male partner” and “strangulation assault”.

According to the document, his diagnosed injuries included a closed fracture of his nasal bone, bruised ribs, multiple bruises and neck muscle strain.

In the Instagram post, Johnson also said she was “scared and hurt for my kids who witnessed it all.”

Johnson’s husband, Bridges, 24, was arrested and charged Wednesday in Los Angeles, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Bridges was “arrested for a criminal violation of Penal Code Section 273.5(a), Intimate Partner Violence with Injury” related to an incident that occurred on June 27, according to an updated press release issued Friday.

CNN reached out to Bridges’ representation for comment, but did not receive a response.

Asked about the footage and the allegations, NBA spokesman Mike Bass told CNN, “We are in the process of gathering more information.”

Bridges’ bail was set at around $130,000 and he has since been released, according to prison records.

“The Charlotte Hornets are aware of the situation involving Miles Bridges. We are gathering additional information. We will have no further comment at this time,” the team said in a statement earlier this week. .

Bridges was drafted by the Hornets in the first round of the 2018 NBA draft at Michigan State and is coming off his best professional year. He was expected to become a restricted free agent this offseason.

According to the prison file, Bridges’ next court date is scheduled for July 20.

CNN’s Homero De la Fuente contributed reporting.