Welcome back, East Hampton! Diane Witek is here to help you get started this Tuesday with everything you need to know happening in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Fresh and fresh. Top: 42, bottom: 33.
Here are the best stories today in East Hampton:
- ARF shares Brimley’s heartwarming journey to adoption. The first of a “Happy Tails: Stories of Hope that Save Lives“series of videos, , aka ARF, recently shared a heartwarming story about Brimley, a rescue dog who just needed the attention and understanding to become emotionally and physically stable and find his forever home. (Dan’s Documents)
- Necessary: â€‹â€‹Warm coats. Southampton Stony Brook Hospital launched a winter coats collection last week, asking for donations of new or lightly worn coats, hats, gloves and scarves to help those in need. They can be dropped off at the hospital on Narrow street of the meeting house, the Southampton City Police Department Headquarters To 110 Old Riverhead Road in Hampton berries, or the Quogue Village Police Department To 115 Jessup Avenue. The trip will last until February 25. (East Hampton Star)
- Familiar face patted like new East Hampton Planning Director. Jeremy Samuelson will take the helm on January 3; he occupies the post left vacant by JoAnne Pahwul, who retired in June. Samuelson was a longtime resident of East hampton, where he was chairman and managing director of Concerned citizens of Montauk from 2012 to 2017 (East Hampton Patch)
Today’s East Hampton Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – discover their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping shake up the local news in East Hampton!
- East Hampton Guild Hall: â€œWhen @reneecoxstudio stops by on a gallery tour by @cmstrassfield ðŸ˜. Stay tuned for more information on Renee Cox’s next exhibition on black artists which opens in the summer of 2023. # thisisguildhall, # guildhall90, #guildhall. ” (Facebook)
- East Hampton Library: â€œJoin us for a Readers Theater cover of Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’, performed by local theater artist Laura Jasper. Take a break from the busy preparations for the holidays and listen to this classic story.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- WEBINAR: Deconstructing Leg Pain. (December 8)
- TONY WALTON: UN CAROL DE NOL December 10 – February 3, 2022 (December 10)
- Bonac lights. (Dec 10)
- Handmade artisans holiday gift show. (December 11)
- Holidays at the Hangar craft fair. (December 11)
- Bonac lights. (December 11)
- Big Apple Circus is NOW OPEN in New York! (Dec 12)
- Add your event.
Concerts and services:
You are now in the know and ready to start this Tuesday! See you tomorrow for another update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Diane witek
About me: avid writer, web designer, social media marketer and recently proclaimed Baker. Lovers of nature and animals of all kinds.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming East Hampton Daily? Write to me at [email protected]