By Reagan Cisar
A new dog park, revisions to electoral boundaries and a plot on Orangewood are among several items to be considered at the Stanton City Council meeting on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Vacant and underutilized 54,866 square foot property running east to southeast of Western Avenue at Cerritos Avenue will be turned into a dog park if approved at City Council meeting . Another vacant and underutilized property, located at the end of Orangewood Avenue at 9,450 square feet, will likely be landscaped.
The board is supposed to:
- Approve the subdivision plan for the development of seven detached condominium units at 7091 Kermore Lane.
- Award a contract to RJM Design Group to provide consulting services for the dog park design project for a maximum amount of $193,962 and allocate $164,000 from the In-Place Park Fee Fund for the project.
- Award a contract to BOA Architecture to provide professional building and landscape design services for the renovations of the City’s Family Resource Center, for a maximum amount of $57,600.
- Award a construction contract to Pro Installations Inc for the Sheriff’s Substation Floor Replacement Project, for an amount of $50,001.60 and an appropriate amount of $60,000 from the Capital Projects Fund for the project
- Award a contract to G2 Construction for the installation of automated retractable catch basin screens and connector pipe screens, using a $101,780 grant from the Measure M2 Environmental Cleanup Program to fund the project. $127,225 from the City’s Capital Projects Fund and $25,445 from the Gas Tax Fund will likely be distributed.
- Award a contract to BFB Design Group to provide consulting services for Orangewood Parkette, for a maximum amount of $89,060 and appropriate $109,100 from the Park Fee Fund in lieu, adding the project to the fiscal year budget of the city.
- Pass a resolution of official support in accordance with an Assembly bill for a state veterans cemetery in Orange County
- Approve an extension of the agreement for construction consulting services for Charles Abbott Associates Inc, through June 30, 2022.
- Approve the city’s sponsorship of the Cypress College Foundation’s 47th Annual Americana Awards Live Stream Gala in the amount of $3,000.
- Approve an ordinance regulating city lot splits under Senate Bill 9.
The board will hold a public hearing, considering revisions to electoral district boundaries, as required by California and federal voting rights law. By law, Stanton must hold four public hearings to ensure minority populations are aware of redistricting efforts.
The fourth public hearing will take place on March 8 at the regularly scheduled meeting. Council will also consider a resolution prohibiting overnight parking on Main Street from Flower to Sycamore Avenue, as well as a resolution allowing corner parking between Rose Street and Flower Avenue.
In addition, staff will present on Stanton’s share of the American Rescue Plan Act, reviewing funding allocation updates.
Residents can join the meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom or by calling +1 (669) 900-9128 and dialing meeting ID: (857 8251 7912). Members of the public wishing to provide public comment should email [email protected] with the subject line “PUBLIC COMMENT ITEM # (insert item number)” no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday .