ROCKPORT – The agenda for the next Five Town CSD School Board meeting has been established.
The meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 1 at 7 p.m. at the Bisbee Theater at Camden-Rockport Middle School.
Live stream of the meeting: fivetowns.net/live
1. Call to order
2. Adjustments to the agenda
3. Public comment on items not on the agenda
a. Community Service Award – Allie Morse
b. HOBY Leadership Award – Amelia Johnson
vs. Principal MPA Award – Sam Brownawell
D. CHRHS Director’s Award – Adrian Pierce
e. Maine Youth Leadership Award – George Bickham
F. Prudential Award – Oliver Worner
a. Approval of the minutes of the regular council meeting of November 3
6. Nominations (Note: Executive sessions possible for nominations)
a. Award nominations
Position Employee Bonus Points Amount
Skiing – Alpine Michele Metzler 55 0% $ 4,358.20
Mark McCluskey varsity swim team 43 0% $ 3,328.08
Wrestling, assistant Taylor Crosby 40% $ 3,486.56
7. Notification of resignations
a. Harry Read, PE / Health, effective June 30, 2022
8. Minor adjustment of the 2021-22 school calendar
9. Student travel approval request
a. Germany – Intercultural program travel, summer 2023
10. Athletic Update – Jeff Hart
a. Autumn sports overview
11. Hatchery Update – Danny Salomon
12. Budget and status quo target 2022-2023 – Maria Libby
13. Review the guidelines for indoor sports and the performing arts – Maria Libby
14. Report of the Chairman of the Board of Directors – Becky Flanagan
15. Superintendent’s Report – Maria Libby
16. Report of the student representatives
17. Administrative reports
a. Deb McIntyre, Assistant Superintendent
b. Shawn Carlson, Director of CHRHS
vs. Valerie Mattes, Director of Special Student Services
18. Reports of standing committees
a. Finances – Met on November 3
I. Finance Update – Finance Committee Chair
b. Joint Policy – Next meeting on December 13
ACAF – Workplace Bullying
GBO – Leave for family care
GBO-R – Administrative procedure for family medical leave in Maine
IHBAC – Child search
IHBAL – Grievance Procedures for People with Disabilities
JKAA – Use of physical restraint and seclusion
JKAA-R – Physical restraint and seclusion procedures
KDA – Public Information Program
vs. Joint personnel – Met on November 9
New job description: Human resources assistant
D. Joint Curriculum – Met on November 22
I. Possible approvals of textbooks
â€¢ Laramie Project: Ten Years Later, by Moises Kaufman, Course: English 10, Teacher Requesting, Trevor Paul – Cost $ 15 / text.
ii. Possible approvals of new courses
â€¢ Anatomy and Physiology: This course is an elective course in science.
â€¢ Drawing and painting level 2: This course is an elective course in visual arts and performing arts.
â€¢ World Art and Culture: This course is an elective course in visual and performing arts.
â€¢ Theater for Social Change: This course is an elective course in visual and performing arts.
â€¢ AP Psychology: This course is an elective course in the social sciences.
â€¢ Principles of Computer Science 1: This is an elective course in applied sciences.
â€¢ Principles of Computer Science 2: This is an elective course in applied sciences.
â€¢ Robotics: this is an optional course in applied studies.
â€¢ Sustainability in Action (placeholder name): This is an elective course in science.
â€¢ Honors Integrated Humanities II: This is an elective course in English and History.
19. Reports of ad hoc committees
a. Joint communications – Meeting on November 16. Next meeting on December 21.
b. Installations – Met on November 18, 2021, minutes attached. Next meeting on December 16.
20. Reports of the Advisory Committees of the Board
a. MCST – Marcus Mrowka
21. School advisory committee reports
a. DCI Working Group – met on November 29
22. Future agenda items