October 19, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
Texas Department of State Health Services, Bernstein Building, K-100 Boardroom,
1100 49th Street West
Austin, Emission 78756
Site: The physical location of the meeting will be the Texas Department of State Health Services, Bernstein Building, Conference Room K-100, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756.
The public meeting will be viewable and archived on the Texas Health and Human Services website: https://www.hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings
Please note that TEAMS is required to access the meeting. The site can also be accessed using Microsoft Edge as a web browser.
Conference Call Information:
+1 512-580-4366 USA, Austin, Texas
Conference call number: 708 487 188 #
The Coordinating Committee on Toxic Substances will meet to discuss and possibly act, as appropriate and necessary, on the following agenda items, time permitting:
- Call to order and welcome everyone
- Approval of the minutes of June 15, 2021
- Presenter: Irina Cody, Emerging and Acute Infectious Diseases Unit, DSHS, DSHS, Food Safety and Outbreak Investigations
- Sub-committee reports:
- Harmful Algal Bloom Working Group Meeting Update
- Update of the meeting of the fish sampling subcommittee
- Update from the Environmental Health and Toxicology working group
- Agency updates on departmental policies and / or legislative matters:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Railway Commission
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife
- Public comments
- Results of the next meetings:
- December 14, 2021 – Kerry Nieman, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- March 15, 2022 – Dr. Armando Elizalde-Velazquez, Texas Department of Agriculture
- June 21, 2022 – speaker to be determined
- September 20, 2022 – speaker to be determined
- December 20, 2022 – Dr Thad Scott, Baylor University
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of the people of Texas by preventing and controlling the adverse health effects associated with toxic substances and harmful physical agents. This is accomplished through interagency coordination of regulatory development, health risk assessments, cooperative studies, information dissemination, and public education efforts.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of the attorney representing the Texas Government Code, and the Board of Health and Human Services provides notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no charge to attend this meeting.
Those wishing to attend the meeting and in need of any assistance or ancillary services should contact Heidi Bojes at [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.