CITY HALL OF THE COUNCIL ROOMS, 700 RUE EDISON Wednesday January 12, 2022 6:00 PM
CALL TO ORDER BY THE PRESIDENT
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Approval of the minutes of the common council meeting of December 8, 2021
Those not listed below who wish to address the Board should register prior to the meeting. A 5 minute time limit will apply unless otherwise approved by the Board. Any decision of the session chairman relating to citizens’ comments may be annulled by a majority vote of the members present.
1. Topics on the current agenda – The presiding officer will call on each speaker to take the floor during this part of the meeting. The presiding officer can determine the order of the speakers so that the testimony is heard in the most logical groups.
2. Subjects not appearing on the current agenda – The president identify the opportunity to public is commenting at this time and may put the item on a future agenda, or may refer the matter to staff or committee for investigation and report.
UPDATE ON CITIZEN REFERENCES FROM PREVIOUS COUNCIL AGENDA
RESOLUTIONS OF THE CONSENT AGENDA
1-22 Postponement Request for vacation pay for administrative assistant in street service
2-22 Purchase of ultraviolet ballasts for use at the wastewater treatment plant in the amount of $ 4,225 from the Xylem company and to waive the tender requirement due to a purchase for special purpose
3-22 Accept Hasting’s Air Energy Control offer of $ 34,251 to upgrade the vehicle’s exhaust system with funds from the Firefighter Assistance Grant
4-22 Acceptance of a sealed tender from Sarah Doucette in the amount of $ 65,000 for the purchase of the municipal house with attached garage (excluding the detached workshop) located at 313 East Fifth Avenue
5-22 Draft Resolution Declaring Intention to Exercise Special Assessment Police Powers Under Section 66.0703 of Wisconsin Laws (Special Assessments for Sidewalk and Driveway Approach Program for 2022)
6-22 Authorize the park, recreation and cemetery director to approve annual shelter waiver requests for recurring community events that meet predetermined criteria
7-22 Establishing the name of the Kretz Brothers Memorial Park will remain in perpetuity unless there is a substantial change to the use of the park
8-22 Authorize the payment of $ 13,349 for a modification order to the Clermont Street sanitary sewer project
9-22 Approve the waiver of the tendering process for the purchase of a sewer camera and software due to the specialized nature of the equipment to enable the purchase of Envirotech
10-22 Request from Jeff Marciniak for permission to bury an irrigation pipe in the field known as the “Ourada plot”
COMMUNICATIONS ON THE CONSENT AGENDA
1. Renewal of Andrew Hessedal to the Broadband Commission with a term expiring October 1, 2026 and appointment of Matt Curtis to replace Dave Cooper’s term
2. Reports of department heads
11-22 Consideration of a $ 25,000 grant from the City‘s economic development portion of the hotel / motel room tax fund to Ace Equipment for the relocation and improvement of facilities based on their purchase from the old Merit Gear installation
Ordinance 1333B amending Articles 38 to 268 of the Municipal Code of the City of Antigo to add a reserved parking permit area in the parking lot of Block 1000 of Fifth Avenue
Ordinance 1334B amending article 18-85 (b) of the municipal code of the city of Antigo in order to increase the quantity of intoxicating alcohols sold outside to correspond to the laws of the state
Ordinance 1335B amending article 18-96 (3) of the municipal code of the city of Antigo to modify the period authorized for the sale of intoxicating alcohols for “class A” fermented malt beverages and holders of “Class A” liquor license to match state laws
1. Second Hand Dealer License for Nathaniel M. Scheel dba Little Creek Firearms and Gunsmithing, LLC at 521 Clermont Street
2. Camping / Mobile Home Park Permit for Rapids Housing, LLC at 1601 Tenth Avenue (formerly licensed to Corsica MH Holdings, LLC) Subject to completion of inspections
IN CAMERA SESSION
1. Closed Session: Pursuant to Section 19.85 (1) (e) of the Wisconsin Bylaws, and upon appropriate motion, Common Council will meet behind closed doors to discuss the offers and sale of the property to the 119 Superior Street. At the end of the closed session discussions, the Common Council will reconvene in open session to act on the issues discussed, if necessary and proceed to the regular agenda.
IN CAMERA RESOLUTION
1.12-22 Authorization for the sale of the commercial site located at 119, rue Supérieur (awaiting the outcome of the closed session)
PAYMENT OF INVOICES
1. Direct deposits for the pay of December 10 and 24, 2021
2. BMO Check Payable Bank Accounts Nos. 76345 to 76595
3. Global grant Revolving loan Checks n ° 3692-3697
4. Self-funded health insurance Checks n ° 2076-2077
Referral of any question to committees. No discussion or action can be taken on the reference.
With reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate people with disabilities with appropriate aids and services. For more information, contact Cheryl Barta, 700 Edison Street, Antigo, Wisconsin 54409. (715) 623-3633 ext 100. Members and possibly a quorum of members from other government agencies may be present to gather information. Any government agency other than the one specifically mentioned above will not take any action.